November 23, 2012

The "Thanks" in "Thanksgiving"

This Thanksgiving was a special one. It was different from other years and I was afraid that it would not be as wonderful as it has been before.
My family was not together, I didn't cook anything and I didn't get the feeling of "togetherness" that I've felt in past years. But it was still special because instead of focusing on family and preparing a meal, I was able to focus on the beautiful blessings that I have in my life. I couldn't stop thinking of things. They weren't big and fancy but the small happy things in my life that make is easier to live and learn.
I realized that even though this will be a hard Christmas, I have a lot of different things to look forward to.

Thank you Thanksgiving. Thank you Pilgrims, Indians, and commercialized holidays. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment